Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Wordless Wednesday ~ Family From Iasi Romania


This photograph was taken in Iasi, Romania, according to the stamp on the back. Could this be a mother, father, and their daughter?

My penciled notation reads: "oldest Goldstein cousin in Romania" which is what my mother-in-law told me. However, the surname of the family would not have been Goldstein, as only the siblings who came to America took that surname.

I don't know any more about the family in Romania except that the surnames might have been Iancu or Moskowitz (the surnames of my husband's great-grandparents).



If you think you know this family, please leave a comment or send me an email.

2 comments:

  1. My Goldschlager relatives came from Iasi; I believe Goldschlager means Goldsmith. Perhaps there is a connection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have much information about my husband's Iasi ancestors so I can't say whether there's a connection. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete