Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Wordless Wednesday ~ Yitzchak and Sheva and Sons

I have connected with a cousin of my husband's in Israel which has inspired me to share more of the photos from that branch of the Goldstein / Yancu side of the family.

This is the oldest photograph in my collection from that side of the family.



The family story is that this is Yitzchak Yancu and his wife, Sheva Moskowitz and two brothers of my husband's grandfather, Morris Goldstein. They remained in Romania when Morris followed his brother Max to New York City in 1914, after having changed his surname from Yancu to Goldstein.

There is nothing on the back of the photo to identify which brothers these were.

Morris never returned to Romania and this photograph has been treasured over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment