Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Wordless Wednesday ~ Romanian Wedding Couple, June 1947

Another of the many photographs from my mother-in-law that came from her father's family in Romania and Israel in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. I am sharing them here in hopes of reconnecting with this branch of my husband's family.


The photographer's imprint is "Studio FotoSelect Iasi" so I know this is a relative (or possibly very close family friend) on the Goldstein side of the family.



The top is Romanian and is translated:
____ offered with love to my uncle and aunt, by me Paul and [Hilda?]

8 June 1947

The bottom is Yiddish and is upside down in this image. The possibilities include:

This is my sister ____ husband 
Mendele / Menale [?]

This is my ____ with my sister Gendel / Manela [?]

Any other suggestions on the translation are very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment