Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wordless Wednesday ~ Joseph Handler and his truck

Joseph Handler (1884 - 1947)
The pickup truck in the background is Joseph's. My father-in-law remembers learning how to drive in that truck, which would have been in the late 1930's.

I am deeply indebted to my husband's cousin (on the Handler side) who, upon the death of their aunt Margaret in February, asked that Aunt Margaret's photographs be given to me, as she knows of my interest in sharing family history via this blog. In addition to a number of more recent photographs, this collection includes informal snapshots from when the Handler family was all in Akron, Ohio, in the 1930's and 1940's.

Wordless Wednesday is a daily blogging prompt from Geneabloggers, the genealogy community's resource for blogging. It is used by many genealogy bloggers to help them tell stories of their ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment