Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday ~ Handlers in Akron, Ohio

Ahavas Zedek Cemetery in Akron, Ohio, is also known as Hungarian Jewish Cemetery or Sand Hill Cemetery. The following photographs are courtesy of Find A Grave volunteer, Dennis Frisone, who has given me permission to share them here.



My husband's grandfather, Joseph Handler, 1884-1947. Click here to see his Find A Grave Memorial.


My husband's grandmother, Lena (Hollander) Handler, 1890-1983. Click here to see her Find A Grave Memorial.


My husband's uncle Alfred, who died in Biak, New Guinea in the service of our country. Click here to see his Find A Grave Memorial.


My husband's uncle Louis, who died in Normandy, France in the service of our country. Click here to see his Find A Grave Memorial.

2 comments:

  1. I've gone back to look at your May 2012 post about Louis and Alfred. How horrible that must have been to lose two sons in the War.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the story about the two brothers dying in the war is about as central to my father-in-law's family as the story about his mother losing her whole family in the Holocaust.

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete