Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tombstone Tuesday ~ Sally Handler (d. 1932)


Here lies
Our dear (or beloved) mother
Chaya Sarah daughter of Mr. Tzvi
Died 25 Tishrei 5693

Mother
Sally Handler
Died Oct. 25, 1932
Age 78 Yrs.

I got help with the Hebrew translation by the Steve Morse Deciphering Hebrew Tombstone Dates in One Step and JewishGen's Reading Hebrew Tombstones, as well as confirmation via the Tracing the Tribe Facebook Group.

This is my husband's great-grandmother, buried in Lansing Cemetery, Cleveland, Ohio. I wrote about finding this at Great-Grandmother Sarah or Sally Handler.

Sally's youngest grandson was my father-in-law, who died this past March and whose gravestone will be unveiled this coming weekend. He was named after Sally's father.

Many thanks to FindAGrave volunteer PatMaruna for fulfilling my longtime photo request for Sally Handler's memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment